Tuesday

Yoga Barn, Ubud

Spent every day at The Yoga Barn (still in Ubud) doing our daily morning and/or afternoon classes.

One class in particular was with a male teacher who, at the beginning, I though spoke wayy too much. However, after I fell into the trance, he gave me a lot to think about. The topic of the class was ‘Fear’. He spoke about facing your fears, understanding where fear comes from and learning how to find the mental state you need to be in to conquer that fear. He spoke about being cautious and fearful…how how its also important to acknowledge that sometimes, these precautions are barriers to experiences. Fear is something in the future of which, not only do we not know the outcome, but it often prevents us from exploring what the outcome may be. Fear is a false judgement of an outcome – something that is assumed of the unknown.
This topic of conversation fell in the midst of a few days of some frustrating surfing. I have hit a wall made of concrete, not bamboo. I found myself pushing my tail down and bailing out of waves…only to watch them go by and feeling a big sense of regret.

How appropriate to have this class before heading back to the coast.

http://www.theyogabarn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment