Tuesday

Ayurvedic Medicine

I went to go and see an Indian ayurvedic medicine doctor in Ubud for the sea urchin living in my foot. Her clinic is on the other side of Monkey Forest (great directions). She did wonders. I sat down in her clinic, had some yummy jasmine tea, chatted for a bit, she looked at my foot, left the room and came back 5 minutes later with huge leaves and spices in her hand. She broke open the vine of the leaf, squeezed the white sap on my foot, smushed the leaf of a tree that is found by the beach (don't remember the name) between two rocks, mixed it with turmeric spice and applied it to my foot. She told me to repeat the process once or twice a day for 3 days and sent me on my way with a little baggy of natural cures. The urchin was out and I was walking perfectly again then next day.

I cannot attempt to avoid the assumption that I am exaggerating…this was one of the most amazingly spiritual experiences I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment