Wednesday

Back to Bangkok


For a long time this round. Spent the first few days there, once I was discharged, just taking it easy and walking around. Checked out China Town, headed back to Koh San, I can't get enough of that Pad Thai, headed over to MBK to watch a movie and sing the national anthem, took boat rides down the river, visited some temples...















Then went to the Chatuchak weekend market where I realized that it actually is possible to get VERY tired of Vintage browsing.






Spent a morning in the Floating Market with my Mom when she arrived watching the women and men paddle by in their boats, heckling as many tourists as possible. I first went to the same floating market 8 years ago when my family visited my brother in Thailand who was traveling at the time. Then, it wasn't very touristy at all, the market was quieter, and there was much more local character with fish for sale, fruit shakes, local clothings, etc. Now, the area seems to only be a tourist destination with zero goods for locals. So, in the end, it was great to visit, but I much preferred my original image of the place.

Despite all this, the Thai women and mens have so much character. Here are some beautiful faces of the market.













After the market, we spent the afternoon in a Thai cooking class at May Kaidee's Cookery. We learned how to make 10 different Vegan and Vegetarian dishes and sing a Thai cooking song (hilarious). SOOOO yummy and SOOOO full!!!
http://www.maykaidee.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment