Tuesday

How we pave our path

Recently I received an email from a close friend of mine. The email was in response to my recollection of my experience on Huaynu Potosi, which needless to say, was quite dramatic. The email was a steady stream of thoughts about life, the choices we have, the choices we make, how we make decisions, the obstacles we are faced with and how we overcome them, and the future we can design for ourselves.

It was one of the first times that someone has really let me into their head. The amount of things he said in that email that I have thought about myself was incredible. We all go through life asking ourselves the same questions, facing the same big obstacles, and struggling to make the best of what we can for ourselves...but all too often, we go through all of this alone and don´t turn to one another to talk about it.

No words can describe how much that email meant to me in terms of what that friend means to me, but how comforted it made me feel, and inspired to follow my dreams and gutt. So maybe a good new years resolution...as cheesy as it sounds, is to learn to keep an open line of communication between yourself and those around you for strength and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment