Wednesday

Listening to Your Body


It’s what everyone tells you from family to doctors to books and the voice in the back of your head. But what about when your body and mind are not synchronized?

When you get into a routine or mode that you enjoy and makes you feel good, you often, well I often, find it hard to hear my body speaking to me. When I finally hear it, as history has proven, it’s YELLING at me.

I am the kind of person that feeds off the places I am or the people I am with. I am always looking for places and feelings that inspire and energize me. This, here, is the crux of the problem. It’s hard for me to take the days to chill out and watch movies or nap when I am on the other side of the world and wanting to make every minute count. But, I’ve hit a point where I am tired. I’ve been ‘on the road’ for almost seven months now. I have had some incredible times and seen some really unbelievable things that have kept me energized and wanting more. However, with the influence of those around me, I am finding myself pushing beyond a pace that I can keep up with. It is time to check in with my body every day – not upon the arrival in a new place. Moral of the story is that I have acknowledged what my body is telling me and I am going to slow down the travels a bit – Chang Mai should’ve been skipped.

1 comment:

  1. you are incredible mo bird. and i admire everything you've experienced and learned through your travels this year.

    i can't wait to give you the biggest hug and catch up.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete