Wednesday

A Dreamy Cabin in the Mountains: Suppong, Thailand

After Pai, I headed up to the sleepy mountains and caves three hours north of Pai. I had gotten a couple of recommendations to head up to the ‘Cave Lodge’ (http://www.cavelodge.com/) which is 9km from Suppong. This is one of the best recommendations I have received. The cabin was absolutely perfect.


I arrived in Suppong just after dark and had to beg a guy to take me and my oversized bag on his motorbike to the lodge...hmm, in hindsight, I should’ve planned that one better. In any case, I met some great people very quickly as there was only 6 of us there, ate a yummy local dish (no idea what it was), then went to our dorm of mattresses and had quite the slumber party. The wooden lodge was a beautiful place to wake up in, tucked into the trees peeking out over river and mountains.

Some granola, yoghurt, a bamboo hammock and the cronicles of John Smith’s life who started this place, made it quite the perfect morning. His adventures designing this life for himself in the mountain village are fascinating.

After prying myself away from the hammock, we headed down the river to check out some caves.




If you make it to Suppong one day, don’t plan to rush it the way that I did. Just sit back and enjoy the tranquility and beauty of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment