Wednesday

"Rest in this moment"


"You are, after all, what you think. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions. The other problem with all this swinging through the vines of thought is that you are never where you ARE. You are always digging in the past or poking in the future, but rarely do you rest in the moment. It is something like the story of my dear friend, Susan, who - whenever she sees a beautiful place - exclaims in near panic, 'Its so beautiful here! I want to come back here someday!' And it takes everythig, all my persuasive powers to try to convince her that she is ALREADY here...now is the only time..."

Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love.' p132

What a great reminder to have as we pass through various spots and are stunned with the same reaction of "I want to come back here one day!" It is something I continue to remind myself of. Live in the now, embrace all that comes your way, your passions will lead you where they will at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment